At our Presbytery gathered meeting this past Tuesday in Ewing, we offered a report that detailed some of the Milwaukee model that we’ve been talking about, a new way of doing our meetings. You can find our full report here: ttf report march 2016
There are two questions we asked you?
What concerns or thoughts do you have about the Milwaukee model? Here’s what you said last night with quick answers (in italics) if the TTF has one readily available already. If not, we promise to get right on it!
- We already do a similar meeting with equipping the saints. Many of us enjoy that day and this model seems to be like it.Good point!
- Have we talked to other people in Milwaukee about how the model is working and how it was received? No, we haven’t. But we’re on it. Great suggestion!
- Number of Meetings? Will they all be the same model? We imagine the same number and we’re not sure. If we move to some Tuesday evenings and some Saturdays, the Tuesdays would need to be condensed in some way. Although, we’re not sold out on the four full hours. We are trying to adapt the concept to our context.
- We, through our Committee on Preparation, have a lot of people under care due to the seminaries within our bounds. The Milwaukee Presbytery probably does not have the same business regarding people seeking ordination. True. We asked about this very question. We’ve also been in conversation with CPM about how we could change some of how we accomplish the business of the CPM.
- Can other people come to see the speakers if they’re not part of the business meetings? And would people skip the business to come to hear the speakers? Yes? Interesting question. Let us think about it.
- How will we fund this? We have so many resources in our area. We really believe we can figure out the funding if we think it’s the right thing to do.
- We want to make sure we focus the material to engage Ruling Elders. ABSOLUTELY!
What else? What other concerns or thoughts do you have regarding us moving toward Milwaukee model?
And our second question that we didn’t get to last night was – What type of learning topics or themes would you like to see during the “equip and encouragement” segment of our gathered meetings?
We’d really appreciate your feedback on these questions. Comment below or send an email to Miriam Diephouse McMillan at email@example.com – She’ll get it to us! Thanks.